Can I tell you a secret? I forget to back up my blog. You probably do too, but the difference between me and you is that I’m constantly telling others to do it (and I feel a little ridiculous considering how easy it is!). So let’s take a few minutes this weekend and back up our blogs, shall we?
- Install the BackupWordPress plugin (it’s free!).
- Edit the settings under Tools > Backups. I recommend having the backup emailed to you and only storing one backup on the server — it’s better to store your backup on your computer in case something does go wrong with your site, and you don’t want to use up too many resources storing backups on your server.
- You can set backups to run automatically, or you can do it manually — once the backup is complete, you can download the file under settings.
- To back up your posts, go to Settings > Other, and click on Export Blog.
- To back up your design, go to Template, and click on the Backup/Restore button in the upper right corner.
P.S. I’m posting a bonus Blogkeeping tip on my Facebook page later today — be sure to check it out!