I’m moving this week, and I can feel my brainpower dying a slow, painful death. If I disappear from blogland and don’t resurface in a few days, send help. (And by help, I mean alcohol.) So I thought it would be fun to ask you the questions again today — I loved reading your answers last time! If you’d like to participate, be sure to introduce yourself and your blog so hopefully we can all make some new blog friends.
1. What was the last thing you watched on Netflix (or watched in general if you don’t have it)?
2. What song(s) are you playing on repeat?
3. What’s the next place you’re planning to visit (or dreaming about if you don’t have plans yet)?
4. If you could take this afternoon off, what would you do?
5. What’s the last book you read that you just couldn’t put down?
Here are my answers (also known as “that time I proved how embarrassingly nerdy I really am on the internet):
1. I may or may not have spent half the weekend watching Disney movies. I mean, you have to have something to sing along to while you pack, and I do a pretty good “Colors of the Wind” if I do say so myself. Also, did you know The Avengers is now on instant Netflix? You’re welcome. (I don’t recommend watching it as background noise if you actually plan to accomplish anything, like maybe packing your apartment.)
2. I really, really hate to admit this. But Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus (who I swore I would never, ever like), and Avril Lavigne have been in fairly heavy rotation lately. I told you my brainpower was dying a slow death. In less embarrassing news, I finally get the Ellie Goulding thing, and on most days, AWOLNATION’s “Kill Your Heroes” beats out the embarrassing trio.
3. After a trip to my hometown (where I will attempt, again, to dognap Daisy — don’t tell my grandparents), I’m going to Designer Vaca(y) in September. (I just can’t spell it without the “y.” It makes me think of the Spanish word for “cow,” which is not really in the spirit of vacationing.) It will be my first time in Palm Springs, and in Southern California in general!
4. At this point, nap. That’s Priority #1 once I get settled into my new apartment. I wouldn’t say no to a day at the lake though.
5. I’m pretty sure you all know of my questionable taste in books by now. Yes, I’ve read more teen dystopian series, and yes, I couldn’t put them down. Last month I read the Under the Never Sky books, and most recently I finished the Arena One books, though I can’t in good conscience recommend either as they are both trilogies that are missing the final books (and in the case of Arena One, there isn’t even an indication when the final book will be out). You’ve been warned. If you can handle that, carry on — I flew through both. Again, in less embarrassing news, I finally started Gone Girl. Does that mean I get to sit at the adult table again?