I don’t know about you, but I keep a running list of things I want to add or change on my blog. So, I’ve decided to do something a little different and share small ways you can clean up your blog. I haven’t decided how often I’ll be doing this, but I’d love to hear your thoughts! And, of course, if there’s anything you’d like to see, let me know.
Today I’m sharing the code for creating your own clean, customizable share links. This method is for self-hosted WordPress only, so if you have any tips for Blogger, please share them below!
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php the_permalink();?>&t=<?php echo urlencode(get_the_title($id)); ?>" title="Share this post on Facebook" target="_blank">Facebook</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://twitter.com/home?status=<?php echo urlencode("Currently reading: "); ?><?php the_permalink(); ?><?php echo urlencode(" via @TWITTERUSERNAME"); ?>" title="Share this article with your Twitter followers" target="_blank">Twitter</a>
This code is set for readers to automatically mention you when they tweet — just make sure to replace TWITTERUSERNAME with your own!
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>&title=<?php echo urlencode(get_the_title($id)); ?>" title="Share this post at StumbleUpon" target="_blank">Stumble Upon</a>
If you want to use an image instead of text, just replace the text with your image code! Where you’ll place this code depends on what theme you’re using, but if your theme has options to allow you to insert code after each post, that’s where it will go. Or, if you’re comfortable with code, look for
<?php the_content ?> in your single.php (for individual posts) or index.php (for your home page). (Note: All themes are different, and I highly recommend backing up before making changes to your code.)
Edited by: Victoria of vmac+cheese
Yawn. Mid-week holidays are fantastic because, well, they’re mid-week holidays. The down side? It’s Thursday and I’m sure we’re all wishing it was the weekend! Waking up after a holiday that includes all of summers’ best aspects (warm weather, fireworks, swimming, and grilling) can be painful indeed. To get you through your barbecue and burger hangovers today (and perhaps hangovers of another variety too), this week’s links all feature great, fun reads to peruse in your downtime. From fantastic DIYs to inspirational stories about women in fashion, you’re sure to find a good read. Settle in with a coffee, put some aloe on your sunburn, and enjoy.
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JULY 5TH
- Aspiring New Moms // Runway Inspiration to Spice Up Your Black Tank
- Barefoot Duchess // Raid His Closet
- Crazy Style Love // Yet Another
- Dress Code // High Fashion: Row Resort 2013
- Elembee Etc // Style Crush: Classy Girls Wear Pearls
- Every Shade of Green // Something for the Weekend
- Fashion Pastiche // Delft Blue
- Good, Bad and Fab // Fab LA Spotlight: Bollare PR Fashion Closet
- Happy Pretty Sweet // Easy DIY Flower Crown Tutorial
- Fiafafia // Ombre Love
- Kate B McLeod // DIY Neon Yellow Capped Shoes
- Mairead Lee // Nice Day for a White Wedding
- Miss City Chic // DIY Beaded Bracelets
- Pleasure Over Business // Trends: Great Gatsby Inspired
- Pretty Innovative // Get Inspired by the Story of Gilt Groupe
- River City Chic // Royalty
- Shrimp Salad Circus // How To-sday: Vivid Ombre
- Sole Sisters // Red Shoe Manifesto
- The Dapper Bun // One Dress Three Ways
- Tour de Fancy // Clear Cookies for the Best Price on Airline Tickets