So I’ve hesitated for the longest time on starting a weekly links post, because let’s be honest, some weeks blog reading just doesn’t happen. But I’ve finally decided to do it anyway because I know there are probably some blogs I read that you don’t, and I always love discovering new-to-me blogs through other peoples’ link posts. It may not be a weekly thing, but if I read something interesting and want to share it, you’ll find it here — whether it’s just one link or ten. Enjoy!
I am SO proud/happy/excited for my friend Lexi who was just selected as the new official Rimmel London blogger! I had the opportunity to hang out with her at Alt (she even witnessed my butt-meets-ice moment and stuck with me anyway), and not only is she one of the sweetest people I met, she also has an incredible story to share.
Hilary’s post is a good reminder not to get discouraged when success seems to come more easily to someone else than it does to you… because you never know when they might be leaving out a key detail when they tell their story.
Liz has some great tips on staying motivated as a small business owner.
I had heard of Gizoogle before, but someone tweeted it out and I forgot just how much it brings the giggles. I present to you a few of my Alt tweets, Gizoogle style: Stay true to your audience, create content you love, and (language alert!) you have to hustle.
Elsewhere + In case you missed it
- Social Stylate started a new series called Boss Lady — stop by and read my thoughts on owning a business!
- I’m sharing 5 thing bloggers need to do in 2013 over on Meg Biram: The Edit — are you doing them?
- My final Alt Summit post with first time tips and personal takeaways.
- Lots of discussion on what original content means!
- Travel to Connecticut.
- Can’t get enough blogging tips? I started a Blogkeeping pinboard for helpful blogging posts around the internet.